Monday, March 29, 2010

RYN shoes first outing

I wore my RYN shoes out today. I am supposed to break them in, which was easy to do because I don't think I normally talk for longer than 20 minutes at a time during the day anyway.

I walked from the wrigley building to millenium park - a 13 minute walk - had lunch with Tristan and walked back. I wore my heart rate monitor but forgot to pause it during lunch so I only have the return walk for data. 13 minutes, 52 calories, average heart rate 101 and maximum heart rate 114. Not sure what that means, if anything.

The shoes felt great. Very comfortable on my feet. Walking in them was certainly different. I was nervous stepping off of curbs and turning around was awkward, but straightforward walking felt good. It was great to feel tall - not the same feeling as wearing high heel shoes. Not much I can say after just one day, but so far I like my new shoes.

3 comments:

  1. If you are looking locally for Ryn Shoes in Chicago or expert advice, check out Waxberg's Walk Shoppe on Dempster Street

    www.waxbergs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any further experiences wearing Ryn shoes? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat - thanks, actually I bought my RYN shoes at Waxbergs.
    As for my experience - I wear the shoes 3 to 4 times a week and they have been great. I usually walk about 40 minutes. I went down a size and that is without doing any other exercise.

    ReplyDelete